Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday Favorites - Back to School Edition

I officially start school today, and my kids go back to school next Thursday.

In some ways, I'm ready for structure and routine.  In other ways I don't want summer to end.  I like structure and routine, but I also like lounging in my house.  And I didn't get much time to lounge this summer because I taught summer school.  I like the start of a new year, but it's also crazy hectic and time consuming to get up and running.  Oh well.  The lament of all teachers.

But since this is Friday FAVORITES, I should focus on the good stuff!  Here goes.

1. Hot lunch.  I like it when the kids choose hot lunch at school.  That being said, I don't have much room to complain, because over the last year, I trained them to pack their own lunches.  They are in 5th and 8th grades, after all!  Still, it's nice not to have to think of anything for a few mornings each month.

I was surprised that Hudson only chose three lunches this month and none of them pizza!  Is he thinking of his health?  Did he just not like the choices listed?  I don't know.  I don't care!

2. A new lesson plan book.  All teachers at my school are required to submit lesson plans through a program called planbookedu.com.  I've been using this electronic lesson plan for years and love the versatility and ease of submitting the plans to my principal.  However, I also like to have a pencil/paper planbook for long term planning and calendar items.  Ah, the wonder of a blank book!

I've gone the expensive route with an Erin Condren planner in the past.  I loved that planner because it was so pretty, but I didn't use it enough to justify the cost.  I chose to go less than $20 for this version at GW School Supply.  If I don't use the planner the way I have it planned in my head, I'm not out that much money.  It's my goal to actively use the paper planner every day at school as reminders for upcoming things on my to do list.

3. New Day Planner
Again, I've had two different pricey day planners in the past and just didn't use them as much as I dreamed I would.  I still wanted a planner for life purposes, appointments, bills, etc.  I just didn't want to spend a lot of money.  This one was from Target...I think.

The start of a new school year is like my New Year's.  I typically get goal oriented and have desires for organization.  It doesn't always happen, but it's where my mindset is this time of year.

Excited to start using this day planner.

4. La Croix - I feel like this is the new "it" drink.  I see people all over my social media feeds drinking this stuff.  I started drinking it last fall when I started my first Whole30.  (I'm currently in the middle of my 3rd Whole30.)  I like this flavor and pomegranate.  I need to branch out from Wal Mart to find more flavors.

I prefer to drink these with meals as a replacement for other beverages I can't have.  I'm not as big of a fan drinking them without food.  Yesterday, I was busy helping at school with registration and it was hot and I was tired.  There was a kid in the room with a fresh bottle of Diet Coke.  I swear, I wanted to trip him and steal his soda!  Cravings suck!

5. My new sparkle shirt.  I haven't bought a new OLPH Shirt in quite a while, so I treated myself to some bling!

The shirt also has a little glittery Cougar paw on the back!  So cute!  I am also glad to get back in gear with school because I do my hair and makeup each day.  If it's a casual summer day, I'm not putting in that type of effort, but I always feel better and more confident about myself if I'm put together.

6. New uniforms.  As much as I hated the task, I made the boys try on all the uniforms in the house.  It was a major process.  Then I was able to snag enough at the used uniform sale that I only needed to buy two new polos for Hudson.  #win

This is only a fraction of uniforms that I store in closets until they fit my boys. #storagebinsfordays

I feel like I "won" at the used uniform sale!  Only had to buy two blue polos at the new prices.  And even then I had a coupon!

Back to school we go.  Here's to early mornings, routines, homework, grading papers, lesson planning, and hanging with my best teacher friend at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment