Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Where'd he go?

I lost Hudson. Funny, I know, because the child always makes his presence known. But for a few weird seconds tonight, I couldn't find him.

Eric was not feeling great and went to bed early. I stayed up to watch Glee and correct some papers. Hudson (the Night Owl Forcey) spent 45 minutes getting out of his bed and coming into the family room with me.

We snuggled for a bit. After all, he was gone for a night, and I missed him. (I need to write up our anniversary post another time.) Then I put Hudson solidly back in bed. Finally, he stopped coming out to see me. I watched Glee in peace.

As is my routine, I always check on the kids before heading to my room for the night. As I went into the kids' room, I could see that Hudson's covers were rather askew. I figured he managed to get himself completely twisted, but when I got closer, I could see that he wasn't in his bed.

My next thought was maybe he snuck into our bed on my side since I wasn't there. I peeked around the corner of our room, but Hudson wasn't on my side. That is when the little prickles of worry started, but I figured I'd check Eric first.

I couldn't see Hudson at first glance, but as I got closer, I could see that Hudson was firmly glued to Eric's left side sleeping peacefully. The crazy thing is that Eric had no idea he was there. Either Eric is REALLY tired or the baby is really sneaky. I think it's a little bit of both.

I picked Hudson up and put him back in bed. As nice as it is to have the house to ourselves for a night, it is also nice to have everyone back in their bed where they belong!

No comments:

Post a Comment