Monday, August 10, 2009

Mini Vacation

Eric had to do a job down in Southern CA, so we decided to make a mini vacation out of it. We enjoyed spending time with my cousin and her family, going to the beach, and visiting the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. It was a fun three days.


Both kids have seen the ocean before, but this was the first time that we took them to a beach where they could play in the sand and surf. Evan loved it!


Exploring on some rocks.


Hudson didn't love the beach quite as much as Evan. He parked himself on a towel and drank a Sprite while Evan and Dad went exploring. He eventually got into the fun by helping his brother collect rocks for the rock pile they created.


I got Hudson to venture closer to the water, but he refused to let the water touch his feet. Screams ensued when that happened. I didn't need people thinking I was torturing the baby at the beach.


Evan racing down to the water to meet Hudson and me. I love how Eric caught him in mid leap!


Three/fourths of a family shot. Evan took the photo.

I enjoyed the few hours that we spent at the beach, but we just aren't beach people. We didn't come overly prepared. I didn't even bring snacks. Bad bad mommy. If I was to do this again (which I'm sure I will), I will make sure to pack for a day with food, drinks, blankets, toys, etc. We didn't come from our own house, so that was part of the problem in gathering supplies. Evan loved it. Hudson liked it. That's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures of the museum and beach are great! You will one day look back on them and say ooohhh, my babies were so little. Glad you got to get a way before school started!

    ReplyDelete